🦆 Duck leg tagliatelle 🦆
Considered one of my all time favorite recipes to make as a result of the trace of cinnamon provides a stage of complexity and I imply actually..what can compete with duck fats? 😂 OK possibly wagyu fats..I additionally love rooster schmaltz.. However okay not a lot else lol fats = flavour what can I say.
This is without doubt one of the first recipes I posted on dinsbymins however I am going to repost so you do not have to scroll 😂 this time scaled to a 6-Eight particular person portion and utilizing famiglia_baldassarre tagliatelle
What you will want:
Three duck legs
Three stalks of celery, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
1 medium onion, diced
Eight cloves garlic
Four bay leaves
1 bunch thyme
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 can San marzano tomatoes (28oz)
Four tbsp tomato paste
1/Three cup pink wine
Pasta, cooked in keeping with the package deal
Grated parmigiano + basil to style
1. Season each side of the duck legs with salt & pepper.
2. Brown each side of the duck legs on medium warmth in a frivolously oiled pan (approx 8mins / facet)
3. Take away the duck legs and punctiliously pour out the oil till about 2-Three tbsp of rendered fats stays.
4. Sauté the onions for about 2 minutes earlier than including the carrots + celery for one more 2 minutes. Add in your garlic and sauté one other minute. Season with salt + pepper.
5. Add tomato paste, sugar, cinnamon and sauté for 1min.
6. Add bay leaves + thyme and proceed to stir.
7. Deglaze the pan with the pink wine and ensure to clean the pan with a picket spoon to pickup any brown bits.
8. Add the San Marzano tomatoes and add the duck legs again in, making certain that it’s submerged.
9. Convey to a boil and scale back to low warmth and canopy for two hours.
10. On the finish of the two hours it’s best to be capable of tear off the duck meat with a fork . Take away bones and bay leaves + thyme stems and stir the sauce to combine.
11. High ready pasta with sauce, parm, and basil!