🐙 Octopus ragu 🐙
One in all my favorite pastas of all time continues to be Marea’s octopus and bone marrow fusilli in New York. Now I did not have bone marrow available.. Or fusilli.. However I assumed I might attempt to flip this octopus right into a ragu utilizing related components I might use in a meat ragu. The end result was improbable! We topped the pasta with a little bit of toasted bread crumbs and lemon zest too. You will want to do this one!
What you may want:
From the entire octopus we took Three tentacles and the pinnacle, chopped up. ~1kg
1 onion, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
Four garlic, minced
half cup chopped cilantro
1/Four cup chopped basil
Few sprigs thyme
1 Bay leaf
Three tbsp tomato paste
1 can San marzano
half cup purple wine
Pasta of your selection (mine was cavatelli from famiglia_baldassarre)
Optionally available: toasted panko 1/Four cup + half lemon zested
1. Sweat onions for two minutes earlier than including in celery and carrots for one more 2 minutes.
2. Stir in garlic for 30 seconds earlier than including in cooked octopus for Three minutes.
3. Combine in tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme and purple wine, prepare dinner for two minutes. Season with salt + pepper.
4. Pour in San marzano and cilantro then cut back to a simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Mix cooked pasta and half cup of pasta water for one more couple of minutes and serve with basil and panko!