🐷 Pork & octopus patty claypot rice 🐙
My favorite a part of claypot rice is the socarrat (scorched rice / 飯焦). My secret is rubbing some oil on the pot and I swear by it however I am nonetheless nervous once I dig in every time that it hasn’t labored. If you happen to eat the insides first I am satisfied the resisual warmth will proceed cooking the rice so I at all times depart it to the tip 😅
The dried octopus additionally provides loads of umami and chunk to the patty however is not mandatory if you do not have entry to it! If you’re looking for it they’re obtainable at Chinese language dried seafood shops. This recipe makes 2 patties as they freeze nicely for an additional meal 😊
What you may want:
1lb minced pork
1 dried octopus
5 dried shitake mushroom
Four garlic, minced
1 tbsp water blended with 1 tbsp corn starch
2 tsp tamari
half tsp sesame oil
1/Four tsp salt
1/Four tsp brown sugar
1 cup white rice, rinsed
1.5 cup water
1 tbsp impartial oil
Candy soy sauce & scallion to serve
1. Soak the shitake mushrooms and dried octopus in boiling water till it’s softened then mince.
2. Combine the whole lot within the prime part of components and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Utilizing your arms, type 2 patties with the meat combination. You may wrap and freeze one for layer.
4. Rinse rice and soak in water for 30 minutes.
5. Rub oil on claypot and add in rice and water then carry to a boil.
6. As soon as boiling scale back warmth to a simmer and canopy for Eight minutes.
7. Your rice needs to be semi cooked now and you’ll slide 1 of the patties on prime and canopy for 10 minutes.
8. Flip off warmth and depart to cook dinner in residual warmth for 15 minutes.
9. Serve with candy soy sauce and inexperienced onions!
(p.s. I forgot to cook dinner the duck egg which I’d peel and reduce in half to serve 😅)