🦀 Rum cream sauce crab 🦀
We first had this crab out at a restaurant and couldn’t cease dipping the Viet model french baguette they served this with into the sauce. I used to be actually spooning it into my mouth uncontrollably 😂
I then searched the web looking for a recipe for this and could not discover one 🤔 so I needed to go eat it once more.. For analysis functions. In fact.
I believe I’ve gotten it fairly shut though I is likely to be a little bit mild handed on the butter seeing as I can SEE how a lot goes in it once I’m at dwelling and simply cannot convey myself to do it.. I additionally made it with ghee this time to experiment however keep on with butter. It tastes higher.
This dish is incomplete and not using a flaky Viet model baguette to absorb all of the sauce 😍😋 it additionally tastes good with lobster / shrimps if crabs not your vibe.
What you will want:
+2lb dungeness crab
6 tbsp butter
Eight garlic, minced
2 giant shallots, diced
1/2 cup rum
2 cups rooster inventory
Eight cups heavy cream
1. Steam crab for six minutes till it’s partially cooked and run below chilly water.
2. As soon as cool sufficient to deal with, clear crab by eradicating the triangle factor on the backside to then detach the highest shell.
3. Take away these finger / feather wanting like issues and discard.
4. Chop legs and claws into separate items.
5. Soften butter over medium low warmth and cook dinner garlic and shallots for five minutes.
6. Deglaze with rum and cook dinner out for two minutes.
7. Add in rooster inventory and slowly whisk in your cream and produce to a lightweight boil.
8. Season with salt and pepper then add in crab items and cook dinner for an additional 5 minutes.
You probably have a scorching pot, serve it in that so it retains the crabs and the sauce good n scorching.